Re: Raspberry Pi uses on a home network

Author: Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Steve Litt
Subject: Re: Raspberry Pi uses on a home network
On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 13:13:52 -0700
Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss <> wrote:

> There is another use for the RaspberryPi that I have found. I use an
> SDR here (Software defined radio) and the Pi is perfect for running
> the control software for network connections to the device. The
> software (available on all platforms) is called AirSpy.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me exactly what hardware you use: radio
plugin, antenna, up converter, etc. I want to dx longwave, 530-1700
broadcast band, shortwave 1.8Mhz to 30Mhz.

When you use Airspy, which executable do you use? I have the following
executables available:

/usr/bin/airspy_gpio
/usr/bin/airspy_gpiodir
/usr/bin/airspy_info
/usr/bin/airspy_lib_version
/usr/bin/airspy_r820t
/usr/bin/airspy_rx
/usr/bin/airspy_si5351c
/usr/bin/airspy_spiflash

If possible, what I'm going to do is exactly clone your setup, and hope
to get your results.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt