Trying to reconstruct encfs configuration file after multipl…

Author: Adam Mercer via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Adam Mercer
Subject: Trying to reconstruct encfs configuration file after multiple drive failure
Hi

Has anyone got any experience with encfs?

I was using encfs to encrypt some files in a remote cloud storage
drive, I had synced the encrypted files up to the cloud and was
storing the configuration file on a local disk and my local NAS. This
weekend my NAS and the local disk failed within minutes of one another
and I've lost the configuration file. I got the encrypted files and
the password but I've been unable to reconstruct the configuration
file in order to decrypt the files.

I've been trying for the past couple of days to reconstruct the config
file in order to decrypt my files but have not had much luck.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Guess I've learned I need to ensure I also backup the configuration
file in addition to the encrypted files.

Cheers

Adam