Re: Old Hardware

Author: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: techlists
Subject: Re: Old Hardware

That hardware, if running, can be repurposed. SSDs are getting more
affordable. I've replaced the spinner in all of my computers and
installed Linux, with the exception of two computers. Someone who is on
a budget might like to purchase your old computers.

<What I am about to say is not to be taken as political>

Some say the lock down is/will kill the economy for the next decade. If
this is true recycling old computers will be more necessary than ever.
Given the new hardware is so powerful I see people trying to keep their
computers going for 10 years.

</not political>