Re: Ebay port scans your pc on every visit.

Author: Harold Hartley via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Harold Hartley
Subject: Re: Ebay port scans your pc on every visit.
I'm not sure if anything can be done to stop port scanning of ports.

I'm really not having a big concern since I have 2 firewalls anyway. I
have a firewall on one device and a firewall on my computer. So the only
ports they will see is the one on my first device and not the computer.
At least that's my theory.

On 5/25/20 1:17 AM, Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> On Sun, 24 May 2020 20:52:43 -0700
> Harold Hartley via PLUG-discuss <> wrote:
>
>> But I close up ports that doesn't need to be
>> open in order to make my system safe. You'd be surprised at how many
>> ports are open that can leave a system open for attacks.
> When you say "close up ports", do you mean make sure there's no
> executable listening at that port, firewalling that port so nothing can
> come in or out, or something else?
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> May 2020 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
>       of the Successful Technologist
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/techniques

Harold Hartley
17632 N. 5th Pl