Re: question about Java

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Michael
CC: Michael Butash, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: question about Java
Again OpenJDK and OracleJRE are totally different - including version
numbers. If someone says "works with Java 8", they 99.9% of the time mean
OracleJRE and their versions, and theirs only.

OpenJDK is only ever used with, well, I don't even know anymore, as
everyone Open Source moved on to hate Java, Oracle, Larry Ellison, etc.
You can pretty safely remove/forget OpenJDK as an end-user at this point I
think, unless something specifically mentions needing it.

-mb