pfSense + Ubiquity

+ (text/html)
Author: Snyder, Alexander J via PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG Distro
CC: Snyder, Alexander J
Subject: pfSense + Ubiquity
Does anyone out there have experience with pfSence and Ubiquity switches?

I have zero with either but that didn't stop me from buying both .... how
hard could it be?! LOL.

I bought a Negate XG-1537-1U. I bought a Unifi Pro 24 PoE switch.

I can configure the FW immediately after firstboot/restore-default-configs,
but only if i set the LAN interface to be the cable that goes directly to
my laptop. That's great, but that does shit for the downstream switch.

I have a 10GB SFP+ Port that I want to configure as the downstream port to
ubiquity, but any configuration other than mentioned above fails .... and
I'm now on my 12th "Reset To Factory Defaults" ... any help on this would
be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Alexander

Sent from my Galaxy S10+