Re: NUC as new drive?

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: NUC as new drive?
You can share storage from the nuc to another device over the network, same
way as if you went and bought a synology/qnap nas or other with cifs/nfs.
It's a full pc, but you could just install freenas or like on it and use it
as a storage array as well easy enough.

Oddly I saw that someone was selling synology clones on random chinese
hardware on ebay so it *is* possible to use on NOT their hardware. I use a
couple synologys and love them vs. using freenas or other storage
distributions. Kind of a hackintosh for the storage world, maybe even your
nuc.

-mb

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 6:20 AM Michael via PLUG-discuss <