Re: using lasers to trigger smart home devices

Author: Jim
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: using lasers to trigger smart home devices
It looks like a laser amplitude modulated with the desired command will
work. This video reminds me of something I heard about in high school in
1983.  Everyone in town who had cable tv, had the same model cable box.
Each one came with an infrared remote.  I heard about someone walking
down the street at night, aiming their remote into other peoples'
windows and changing channels on their cable box or turning it off.