Ubuntu 18.04 on (Really) Old HP Proliant

+ (text/html)
Author: Stephen Partington
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Ubuntu 18.04 on (Really) Old HP Proliant
I have an older Proliant server I am trying to make use of at home. The
hardware is fully functional, and aside from needing some spare drive
sleds, It is ready to go.

However, I cannot run 18.04 on the server and I suspect it is related to
changes in the kernel and I am trying to map those.

The Architecture is Dual Opteron quad-core Processors and DDR2 ECC
Registered memory. I think it is a DL 365 Gen 1 (would have to look to make
sure)

Does anyone have thoughts on how I could gracefully get this hardware to a
current kernel?

Stephen