RE: grep w/o group separator

Author: Carruth, Rusty
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: der.hans
Subject: RE: grep w/o group separator
Is it in the info pages?

Yep, there it is, under '2.1.5 Context Line Control' (type 'info grep' The keys you will find most useful are the usual up and down arrows, home, end, enter (when on a line with a 'link' (line starts with an *), [ (to go back a 'node'), ']' (to go to the next node) , and 'h' for help, which gives you these characters. Oh, and the sequence 'control-x control-c', to quit. Oh, wow, 'q' works also....)

(I teach 'CIS126DL - Linux Operating System' at Gateway Community College, and I *just* finished talking about info and man, and how that 'info', while presenting LESS information when you first invoke it, has more total information available about the program, and here you've gone and given a live example of this being true! ;-)

Rusty