Re: What can I do with Cuda?

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: What can I do with Cuda?

On 2019-09-12 11:47, Andrew McRobb wrote:
> Lots of things, sky is the limit. [...]
> https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18119345 [2]

Something that that link didn't mention is neural networks.
http://aiweirdness.com/ shows what you can do in the field of comedy
using several different neural networks. ISTR that char-rnn and
word-rnn can be accelerated using Cuda. The more widely-talked-about
GPT-2 uses lots and lots of GPUs on the back end. The only problem is
that most of the neural network stuff I've looked at requires software
that's not in your distro's package repositories, is horribly hacked
together, (word-rnn has a Cuda dependency hard-coded), and has limited
documentation. My own efforts are at
http://crow202.org/misc/char-rnn.html and were not entirely successful.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress