KDE connect file corruption

Author: Jim
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: KDE connect file corruption
I have a computer with 8B RAM and Kubuntu 18.04 with Dolphin file
manager and 2 mobile phones, an LG X charge and a Moto e5 cruise. When I
use KDE connect to copy files from either one to the computer, they're
corrupted.  Pictures don't display.  Audio and video files won't play.
I have no trouble copying files to either phone.  Anyone have an idea
what's going on or whether or not it can be fixed?  After an update on
the phone a few weeks ago, I noticed I could no longer use Dolphin to
see files on the phone. I did some looking and found that I have to give
KDE connect permission to see the local filesystem.  Is it my
imagination or is Android getting so strict with security that it's
getting in the way of the owner of the phone using it?