Re: PLUG Meeting Thursday Aug 8th (Update to the update)

+ (text/html)
+ bmbjdaifmonadlci.png (image/png)
Author: Brian Cluff
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: PLUG Meeting Thursday Aug 8th (Update to the update)
OK, we've got a second presentation.  der.hans will be presenting:
"Replacing netstat sockets using ss"

*der.hans: Replacing netstat sockets using ss*

*Description*:
"Netstat prints information about the Linux networking subsystem."

goto tool net info tool since the beginning of EPOCH

obsolete for years

ss replaces netstat's socket capabilities

*Biography*:
der.hans is a Free Software, technology and entrepreneurial veteran. He
is a repeat author for the Linux Journal with his article about online
privacy and security using a password manager as the cover article for
the January 2017 issue.

He's chairman of the Phoenix Linux User Group (PLUG), BoF organizer for
the Southern California Linux Expo (SCaLE), and founder of the Free
Software Stammtisch and Stammtisch Job Nights.

Currently a Customer Data Engineer at Object Rocket. Most likely
anything he says publicly was not approved by $dayjob.

He often presents at large community-led conferences (SCaLE, SeaGL,
LFNW, Tübix) and many local groups.

https://floss.social/@FLOX_advocate
https://mastodon.social/@lufthans