Re: Bootable CD ...

+ (text/html)
Author: Todd Cole
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Bootable CD ...
Rufus and unetbootin stopped working for me several years ago I assume uefi
was the reason but I just moved on
current working usb media creation tools

GUI
ubuntu 18.04 statup disk creator works for almost any distro

Multisystem ISO --install in french google translate will mess up the
commands. It install a grub menu that works with all distros I tested but
it seems to install either grub2 or grub-efi based on what the machine you
built it on has
so I just carry 2 usb's one
for each. the cool part is you use with as many distros as your usb can
hold. swiss army knife of installers
http://liveusb.info/dotclear/index.php?pages/install

CLI
dd always works but shows it is done but actually still writing so walk
away and let it complete or watch disk activity but never remove when you
get the prompt

sudo dd if=installmedia.iso of=/dev/rdiskX bs=1m

Todd Cole
Ubuntu Arizona Team
2928 W El Caminito
Phoenix AZ 85051-3957