Re: System building trouble

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: System building trouble
Motherboards are intuitive, until they're not. Then they're just
annoying/bug-ridden.

Most motherboard and bios activity is around hardware function.which
usually exists or doesn't toward whatever gpu or other high-speed device,
like a 100gbe network interface you inserted there.

Throw in some unexpected gpu(s), it'll crap out. Throw in some 40-400
gigabit ethernet nics, they do the same. They dare you to use the full
pcie bus.

-mb