Purchase Check - 1U server

+ (text/html)
Author: Aaron Jones
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Purchase Check - 1U server
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-1u-SUPERMICRO-X9DBL-3F-w-2x-E5-2450L-16-32HT-Cores-48GB-Ram-128GB-SSD/192960967134?hash=item2ced5eb1de:g:uhEAAOSwHKVcp-eJ

Can anyone confirm the above item would be a good purchase for some home
server use? I am looking to run https://www.proxmox.com/en/ and then will
also use Docker in each VM. I want to run a DNS server and a few other
'things' and I would like it to be upgrade capable later. I plan to add
more RAM and a better hard drive eventually.

Any thoughts? Alternatives? I would love to buy a ThunderX 96 core ARM
system like the System76 Starling but I don't have the money for it. This
seems like a low noise 32core system with the capability of handling a good
amount of ram on the cheap. I would swap out the SSD for a SSHD in the
6-8TB range and probably be good to go.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Aaron