Re: New Nginx documentation for beginners

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: pfSense and Netgate: was New Nginx documentation for beginners
Subject: Re: New Nginx documentation for beginners
Sort of off-topic, but curious our nginx user's thoughts on F5 purchasing
them now. I have customers that use nginx in place of expensive
adc/load-balancer products, like F5, and are now scared that F5 is going to
ruin it, or at least start charging for any/all features as steeply as they
do their mainstream appliance products. One associate's business uses and
pays for the Pro version of nginx prior to acquisition, and has already
begun investigating alternatives having moved from F5 already once, holding
no love for them in any way to want to deal with them again.

I just joke with folks it could have been worse, oracle, hp, or ibm could
have bought them, but F5 isn't far behind in relic status imho.

Any one else here concerned to be using nginx now?

-mb