Re: ClusterSSH in screen?

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: How to stop email spoofing?
Subject: Re: ClusterSSH in screen?
Am 13. Jun, 2019 schwätzte Aaron Jones so:

moin moin Aaron,

> https://github.com/peikk0/tmux-cssh
>
> Like this?

Looks good. And short enough to audit once I understand tmux :).

danke,

der.hans

>> On Jun 13, 2019, at 8:43 PM, der.hans <> wrote:
>>
>> moin moin,
>>
>> ClusterSSH allows you to open shells on multiple systems that are tied to
>> a control window. From the control window you can enter commands on each
>> of the systems at the same time.
>>
>> I need to do something like that in screen ( tmux can be an option ).
>>
>> I can split a screen into multiple windows and connect to multiple
>> boxes, but still have to copy and paste or type seperately into each
>> shell.
>>
>> Eventually, I will automate all this, but for now I need to simplify the
>> copy pasta workflow.
>>
>> Features:
>>
>> * type one place, enact in many shells
>> * see individual output in each of the shells
>> * be able to see all the shells at the same time[0]
>> * be able to also type directly into a single shell
>> * works in an xterm
>> * ssh from central server to clusters of servers
>> * detach and attach
>> * works on debian and CentOS
>> * doesn't require actually popping up a bunch of xterms
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to make this work?
>>
>> [0] need to be able to screenshare with others using a different
>> process[1]
>>
>> [1] being able to also share directly via screen/tmux would be cool
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>> --
>> # https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
>> # Passwords are like underwear. You don't share them, you don't hang them on
>> # your monitor, or under your keyboard, you don't email them, or put them on
>> # a web site, and you must change them very often. -- Unknown

# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
# you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
# I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have