Re: system stress test

+ (text/html)
Author: Todd Cole
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: system stress test
I use stress to check cpu/MB Temps under load to determine cpu coolers and
case fan performance.

apt-get install lm-sensors

sensors-detect press enter at all promptsservice kmod start

watch -n 1 sensors

apt-get install stress

apt-get install stress-ng

stress-ng --cpu 8 --io 4 --vm 2 --vm-bytes 128M --fork 4 --timeout 10m

open two terminals one to run stress one to monitor temps

8=number cpu cores    10=minutes to test

Todd Cole
Ubuntu Arizona Team
2928 W El Caminito
Phoenix AZ 85051-3957