OT : Screen Recording and Editing Software

+ (text/html)
Author: PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: OT : Screen Recording and Editing Software
Hi,

This is OT.

I am looking at Camtasia for Screen Recording and Editing. I want to
create some YouTube videos that will show me coding and I need to be
able to edit the video as well as add video taken with a camera or
phone. Merging it altogether and edit to make one video

I've heard in the past that Camtasia was the best for this. I am
currently reading there is a number of Camtasia like apps out there.
Even some that run on Linux. I will be doing this in Windows though.

Camtasia is marketed as All-In-One Recorder & Editor.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.