Re: rsync permission denied

Author: PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: rsync permission denied
> rsync -aWuq --delete-before /home/bmike1/Documents /media/bmike1/Seagate
> rsync: mkdir "/media/bmike1/Seagate" failed: Permission denied (13)

Mike, this suggests that whatever user is login in to the remote box doesn't
have the rights to 'mkdir /media/bmike1/Seagate'

Login to that box with that user and run that mkdir.
If it fails (and most likely will), you know what the problem is.
Being that the problem, there is a wide array of options to overcome it.
ET