Re: Best linux laptop for a gift?

+ (text/html)
Author: Kevin Fries
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: joe
Subject: Re: Best linux laptop for a gift?
Joe,

You need to balance your risk of "working out of the box" with "cheapest".

You want it to work with Linux, out of the box, Zero incompatabilities... simple, System76.  It will come with either PopOS, or Ubuntu, from which Mint dirives.  Open the box,  enjoy your laptop.

Cheapest, is a crap shoot with Linux.  Many of the cheapest do funny things with the boot sequence thanks to Windows 10.  But, I have yet to see one that can not be made to work in a long time.   How much effort are you willing to put in and what is your tolerance for things breaking on upgrade?

Kevin

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​