Re: sleep and rsync

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: sleep and rsync
Am 01. Jan, 2019 schwätzte Michael so:

moin moin,

your computer effectively turns off when it goes to sleep.

tcp connections such as rsync might continue if you bring the computer out
of sleep soon enough. Most likely you'll have to restart the rsync as the
tcp connections will have timed out. rsync might also have controls to
require re-authentication.

rsync will continue from where it left off once you restart it.

ciao,

der.hans

--
# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org