Re: google cloud print

+ (text/html)
Author: Victor Odhner
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: google cloud print
The setup to do this depends partly on what brand and model of printer you have.

Of course it won’t work unless your printer is able to be reached over your Internet network, and that you have Internet connection at the moment.

I don’t know if you have to be using either a Chrome browser or a Chromebook, but those are the only ways that I bothered to do this.

Doing it with Windows was painful for me but I did make it work for our Brother printer. I only ran a few tests, because it was a little slow and I saw no need to send my printing via the Google Cloud.

In the process I also printed successfully from Chrome on my MacBook, which worked more easily.

We ended up using CUPS for quicker response.

Since you said “remotely” I presume you really mean that you want to be at some distance, and I guess CUPS only works within the subnet. But if you just mean a Wifi connection within your local network, then I’d recommend using CUPS.

Again, either way it may be a hassle, but for us it’s now running smoothly.