RE: How to fix 'no route to host' problem

Author: Carruth, Rusty
To: joe@actionline.com, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: RE: How to fix 'no route to host' problem
You might consider initiating the rsync from the backup machines, and even possibly on a cron job basis.

Also, I would have been surprised if the uninstall/reinstall of sshd would have helped, as its clearly a network issue, not an ssh issue - at least the 'no route to host' (which is an unfortunate choice of wording - it really means something like "I get no answer to an attempt to contact this host. Either the host isn't there, or there is no route to it".)

Rusty