Re: Ubuntu 18.04lts - cannot find bcmath package

+ (text/html)
Author: PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 18.04lts - cannot find bcmath package
Thanks for pointing that out to me. Not sure why 16.04lts would be
supported into 2021 while having PHP unsupported.

I'm trying to build a private server for just me to learn Magento 2. I
have PHP 7.1 installed on Ubuntu 16.04 and I believe I've installed all
the packages that are required by Magento 2.

Composer is hanging when I try to install Magento and I am not sure
why...... This is a subject for another post.