Re: rsync problem

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael
To: PLUG
Subject: Re: rsync problem
Questions would be are you unmounting before you remove it.
yes
where do you keep it and how do you treat it.
it sits on top of the computer
do you keep it you glove compartment and go off roading everyday?
not at all
my guess would be you are not unmounting it correctly. if you yank it out
before unmounting it, you could be interrupting some write operations.
which could corrupt something.

was this a new drive or a refurbished drive, or maybe an old used drive?
it was new from amazon