Re: Shutdown and restart issues with Ubuntu 18.04

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Shutdown and restart issues with Ubuntu 18.04
This may be old news to all of you Windows Linux dual booters, but it came
as a surprise to me. Mysql was hanging because my Ubuntu setup was using
local time for the hardware clock because...wait for it....Windows uses
local time in the hardware clock! I guess mysql does not like being
shutdown before it starts....Anyway, setting both Windows and Ubuntu to use
UTC for the hardware clock solved the boot problem with mysql hanging.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/892026/shutdown-hangs-on-a-stop-job-is-running-to-for-mysql-community-server-on-ubunt

https://askubuntu.com/questions/169376/clock-time-is-off-on-dual-boot

On to my second to last issue with running Ubunu on my Surface Pro 4...my
bluetooth mouse won't reconnect on reboots or after sleeping....I am
singing the 'bluez' blues......

Mark