Re: Cheap new Linux laptop advice?

+ (text/html)
Author: trent shipley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Cheap new Linux laptop advice?
1. It's a business computer. Most businesses think of IT as a cost, not a
strategic advantage. Most business that treat IT as a cost center.

2. Presumably, in budgeting $400 for a machine, and wanting to spend $200
on a machine, the customer is severely constrained in initial cost of
ownership.

3. There's no point to worrying about total cost of ownership or longevity
if you can't meet the initial cost of ownership hurdle.

4. Sometimes it can be reasonable, and even cost effective, to buy cheap
hardware and treat it as disposable.

Trent.