Re: NVMe: was Building a Linux Computer?

Author: Steve Litt
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: NVMe: was Building a Linux Computer?
Ugh!

If I can't boot off it, I can't really use it. My use case is one
non-spinning drive to host /, while other, spinning drives hold my huge
partitions like /home, /d, /s, and /scratch. Having all executables
and /etc based config come off a non-spinning drive speeds things up
immensely, but I have to boot off that drive. Unless I did some weird
stuff like putting /boot on a spinning drive and ubertweaking grub or
UEFI.

I assume the new mobos with built in NVIe can easily boot NVIe. Perhaps
I'll wait til the next mobo purchase.

SteveT

http://www.troubleshooters.com/28