Re: children of spectre

Author: Eric Oyen
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: children of spectre
wonderful,

All of this from a simple (and poorly thought out) design change back in the early 1990's. This is why Apple is changing their hardware again (they are dumping Intel after spring of 2019).

Right now, the problem I see with any software solution this problem is that there will always be some method to disable it, uninstall it or work around it.

So, until Intel (and any other hardware producer) changes this at the die level (on chip), issues like this will continue to crop up.

-eric