How to disable UEFI ??

Author: PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG
Subject: How to disable UEFI ??
How can I disable UEFI on my Thinkpad T430
so I can install Linux Mint 18?

I've search the net and tried numerous "solutions"
but can't get any of them to work.

Here was one:

Step 1: Turn on or reboot your Lenovo laptop,
hold down F2 shortcut until you see the BIOS screen.
Step 2: Highlight Boot Mode, press Enter, swap from "UEFI" to "Legacy
Support".
Step 3: Press Fn+F10 keyboard shortcut, choose Yes, and press Enter to
save the boot settings.

How to Switch from UEFI to Legacy on Lenovo Computer - Daossoft
www.daossoft.com/bios-tips/how-to-switch-from-uefi-to-legacy-on-lenovo.html

I followed your advice and in the Security tab I went to Secure Boot
option at the bottom, Selected Disabled for the Secure Boot and that did
the trick for me, then on the Startup tab the UEFI/Legacy Boot was
enabled again.

=====
<enter> on boot and choose BIOS (note- sometimes you don't get the option
to press <enter> depending on how you shutdown. Hold down the power
button to turn off and you are probably get to hit the <enter> option.

BIOS-
Security----> Secure Boot/ Disable.
Startup-----> UEFI/Legacy Boot---->Both
Startup----->UEFI/Legacy Boot---->UEFI/Legacy Boot Priority--->Legacy First