AZwalkout options

Author: der.hans
To: quatsch
Subject: AZwalkout options
moin moin,

I know several of us that have kids work from home and have at least the
option of keeping kids at home with us on Thursday and Friday during the
teacher walkout.

For those who still need options, lots of organizations are stepping
forward to support families during the walkout. Many have STEM educational
programs.

City libraries, churches and such are opening for no cost activities for
kids. Many are also providing meals for the kids.

The Arizona Challenger Space Center recently moved to Metrocenter. The
museum hasn't re-opened, but the STEM workshops have started back up. The
space center is running STEM classes Thu and Fri for $10 per day.
Play-well is also running LEGO-based STEM classes there Thu and Fri.

Co-Hoots in Phoenix will be open for parents with out of school kids.

"We support teachers in their quest for sustainable funding. So to make
the battle a little easier, we’re offering free coworking + kid-friendly
spaces/activities to any parent affected by Thursday’s walkout. Bring
your kids + come cowork with us!"

08:00 - 18:00, 602 688 2825, 221 E Indianola Ave, Phoenix

I don't know if Gangplank is doing something as well.

I've gotten emails about AZ Science Center and OdySea.

There's also the option to participate in the demonstration Thursday
afternoon from noon to 18:00 at the capitol.

https://azresist.org/event/redfored-walk-out-march-at-capitol/

Here's a document with a bunch of places listed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C5n2yyeVZvSu1rfnavR2Jo_AR0S-MWVtFvKFCLTIt7w/htmlview

ciao,

der.hans
--