Re: HTML5 as JS

Author: Matt Birkholz
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: HTML5 as JS
Thanks, Herminio, for

    https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/po/javascript-trap.ja-en.html

in which I was surprised to read the following.

    It is theoretically possible to program in HTML and CSS, but in
    practice this capability is limited and inconvenient; merely to
    make it do something is an impressive hack.

So I echo der.hans and ask again: HTML5 as JS? Is this a thing now?!

I do NOT ask "Can we expect w3.org to keep these things off us?"
because I don't want to sound like a serf.  I dare ask "Can we pepper
our banks and grocery stores with requests that appear to come from
browsers that do not support HTML5 nor JS?" and I ask this because I
expect the free market to listen like no leet standards body flogging
a dead mandate.

[Brought to you by Honest To Goodness text/plain.]