Re: RE KDE activity-speficic application locations

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: RE KDE activity-speficic application locations
On 2017-05-22 11:41, Matt Graham wrote:
[snippage]
> wmctrl doesn't seem to be able to minimize windows, though. I think
> you need to use qdbus for that.

And to do that, you'd probably do "qdbus org.kde.$APPLICATION_NAME" and
parse this by eyeball to find out what the silly thing is calling its
main window management interface. It was /dolphin/Dolphin_1 for the
Dolphin window I have open. Every single application has a different
name. Then do "qdbus org.kde.dolphin /dolphin/Dolphin_1 | grep hide"
and make sure there's an org.qtproject.Qt.QWidget.hide function
available. Then finally, "qdbus org.kde.dolphin /dolphin/Dolphin_1
org.qtproject.Qt.QWidget.hide" should minimize the thing. No, I don't
know why it's such a mess, but now you know how to do it.

Curiously, calling hide then show via qdbus may restore the window to
somewhere other than its original position, meaning you'd have to wmctrl
-e it again.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity