Ubuntu 16.04 Guest account shell

+ (text/html)
Author: Shawn Badger
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Ubuntu 16.04 Guest account shell
So i am using the guest account for a kiosk. So far it is great because it
locks the home directory down to a folder in /tmp. But it has some down
sides. I can't seem to find a way to set the default shell to anything
other then bash. I want a way to give that user a restricted shell in case
the user finds a way to get access to a shell. Does anyone know where to
modify the script that creates the guest user account is?

Also, as an FYI the guest account leaves the entries in passwd, group and
shadow. You need to create a script to clean them out fi you are using it
like this.