Re: wifi to cable

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: wifi to cable
Keep in mind, if they're saying your internet is "wifi", than they run the
infrastructure in-house, and might not allow you to bridge behind their
service. Most wifi setups limit you to a single mac, so simply bridging
through isn't good enough, you'll need to NAT out the wifi. This is a bit
backward from how ddwrt does it, and will require some special/custom
config.

Sort of crappy they "only" provide you a wifi-only option - is this some
sort of apartment, dorms, or...? Considering most hotels I've been in run
the worst wifi experiences I can find, I can't imagine any MDU operations
properly manage wireless oversubscription and overuse properly to keep the
entire experience anything less than crap as a primary means of
connectivity.

You can always get one of these to deal with those pesky wifi hog
neighbors...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5JVQ-m5Kd0

Just kidding, well, sorta...

-mb