RE: Printer

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: RE: Printer
On 2017-03-31 08:29, Carruth, Rusty wrote:
> I’ve just bought the 3640, which apparently is close enough to the
> 3620 that nothing cares (that is to say, you tell the setup that it’s
> a 3620 and it all works).

Epson printers and scanners have a fairly good track record of working
with Linux IIRC. And I have an older Samsung printer, a CLP-320, which
works with the CUPS CLP-315 module.

> It works fine, and does double-side print (even from Linux). I think
> we scanned with it too, but don’t hold me to that.

http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Epson/Epson-WF-3620_Series ? That
just covers printing though. I have an older Epson scanner that works
fine, but requires a firmware file. This file was on Epson's website,
but it required some digging to find it.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity