Re: OT: Need a Campaign to Secure WIFI Sites

+ (text/html)
Author: Vara La Fey
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: Need a Campaign to Secure WIFI Sites
I'm all for education. I'm a trans-girl, and believe me, I would like to
educate people a little about us. But I wouldn't take it upon myself to
intrude on their time for a 3 Minute Love unless they're trying to hurt
someone.

I don't want people semi-forcing content on me. And the desired
"campaign" is exactly that. It's sad that everyone here who comments
keeps asserting the "safety" benefits, without a care in the world about
the sheer intrusiveness and the obvious socio-political abuses of
systems like that becoming commonplace. Which hopefully they won't.

I don't need a VPN and have never set one up, but I don't doubt the
security of a VPN/Tor combination. And if you are really afraid of
snoops and spooks, encrypt all your text traffic with large PGP keys.
But I rarely use Tor because it's horribly slow, and PGP because it's an
extra few steps. But they are always there for those special occasions. :-)

- Vara