Re: Another example of why not to use microsoft products

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Another example of why not to use microsoft products

That is probably like saying government should be sued for being
      inept.

-mb

On 11/27/2016 08:59 PM, Michael wrote:

maybe microsoft could be sued for the ease  it can
        be hacked?

On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 9:36 PM,
          Michael Butash
<>
          wrote:

It was
            quite malicious, with a big "fu, pay me!" message and where
            to send fund negotiations via email.  Stakes go up some if
            City of San Francisco wants to collect toll on their subways
            come tomorrow morning hitting work day.

            This is a gigantic burn to them, something the SF Muni IT
            themselves likely can't handle recovery in any mass scale
            themselves (being probably just run of the mill underpaid
            government windoze admins).  No one really knows how
            anything in Cali stays afloat with revenue they have let
            alone now they can't even collect what they should thanks to
            every windows system letting itself be owned.

            I'm really interested to see what comes of this.  It should
            be a foreboding tale of things to come for others.

                -mb