Re: yet one more reason why windows cannot be trusted.

Author: Eric Oyen
To: michael, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: yet one more reason why windows cannot be trusted.
well,
unfortunately for me, there are just some apps that require I use windows (on another laptop that doesn't get used much). I use Linux for my ham radio stuff as well as some of the internet browsing. I use this mac (that I am typing this email on) to handle some other things (including accessible email) and the windows laptop I use for office only jobs (hey, it was issued to me with office installed and jaws screen reader, who am I to argue?).

now, the nice thing about OS X and linux, they use much the same utilities on the console (CLI) so there isn't a loss of skills. Also, because I am still in a state vocational rehab program, they prefer I use windows (I am also being job trained on windows, so there you go).

btw, speaking of windows and security (sic), why are they trying to lock us out in future versions of the UEFI? seriously, they are even incorporating linux into their product line, so this doesn't make a lot of sense.

-From the desk of the technomage guild
-eric