Re: Landscape on Ubuntu 16.04

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Landscape on Ubuntu 16.04

How do you like actually using
      landscape?  It's been a while since looking, I noticed they now
      offer a 10-free client option for local servers that might be
      useful and get me to try it since I use ubuntu in some capacity
      for everything.

      I've looked at landscape in the past, and for either commercial or
      personal use, always seemed expensive.  I am cheap though being
      used to having to be my own support for so long, and cost benefit
      associated.

      I'm curious your mileage with it so far for "personal use" as a
      tinkerer of linux things too.

      How much space does that repo require?  I'd like to tuck the
      lanscape server into a vm.

      Also, how does that handle 3rd party repos with landscape?  Seeing
      that the systems I want to manage are mostly my desktop, laptop,
      media players, appliance systems/vms, things like that, they all
      tend to run 3rd party repos for stuff, including my desktop/laptop
      that use neon repos both for unstable kde.  I don't see those
      being handled well or at all.

      -mb