Re: Darn lightning....

+ (text/html)
Author: Brian Cluff
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Darn lightning....
Lightning strikes go well beyond what a surge suppressor can handle. I good lightning strike can jump across several inches and through surge suppressing circuits and even across blown fuses.
If you took a decent lightning strike then your stuff is fried.

I wish I still had this CD ROM drive that I used to show off when lightning came up in conversation. Most of the traces were completely melted off its circuit board... and the computer that it was plugged into was also plugged into a really nice surge suppressor.

Brian Cluff