Re: To Tux or not to Tux

Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: To Tux or not to Tux
Oh, yes, redundancy, not striping - raid 1. Been a while since thinking
about raid, opps.

One goes boom, the system still boots and has a copy of your stuff,
hopefully telling you in a useful way to replace the one that died.
Expect the ssd to die.

That asus laptop with the uefi bios actually shipped with 2x 256gb ssd's
in raid-0 oddly, so one dies, it all goes poof. Weird to see that on a
consumer device, but I redid it as redundant raid-1. My current dell
latitude

-mb