Re: To Tux or not to Tux

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: To Tux or not to Tux

Last time I tried to use uefi on an
      asus laptop mentioned a few weeks ago in another thread, it was
      terribly quirky setting up the os.  At the time, the ubuntu
      desktop installer was highly broken in a number of ways, which
      sadly doesn't seem to change much, and setting up things like
      raid/crypto were just that much more buggy to make work.  Then
      after finally getting the os on it and functioning, I had
      inexplicable display and power management issues, odd kernel
      segfaults, and just bad mojo that seemed related to the mobo,
      uefi, or both.

      I ultimately gave the laptop back to my IT department as a failed
      experiment to put windoze back on it and give to an exec, as it
      was a sexy laptop...

      Just do yourself a favor and just make sure your mobo supports
      legacy boot, and do as we've done since the beginning of time.

      -mb