Re: swapiness

Author: Brian Cluff
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: swapiness
Check out Hans' "Anatomy of the command line" talk that he gave at
SCaLE. It will show you in detail why that didn't work.... you'll learn
a lot. It's at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx_dCte3dEE

As for setting the swappiness permanently create and edit
/etc/sysctl.d/10-swappiness.conf, it probably won't exist by default.
Then put a single like it that is:

vm.swappiness=10

If you want your swappiness set to 0, just change the 10 to 0

Brian Cluff