Re: Recommended laserjet repair.

Author: Matt Birkholz
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Recommended laserjet repair.
> From: Mark Phillips <>
> Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 17:03:55 -0700
>
> When my printer has an issue I do the following -
>
> 1. Google a repair video [...]
>
> 2. Donate the printer [...]
>
> Good luck!

Thanks. I took it apart (as much as intended for regular servicing)
and cleaned up the black toner (yes, with a vacuum!), gambled $50 on a
new black developer unit, and am getting clean prints again. I hope I
have not jinxed it, boasting here (thumbing my nose at Chaos!) but I
hope for another 5 years. Sorry: no video.

A good idea though -- the repair videos. Thanks.

Throw away $400 every 2 years? Not in this house.

Happy Procrastination Monday Morning, everyone!