Playing Blu-ray disks in Ubuntu

Author: Office
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Playing Blu-ray disks in Ubuntu
Hey Guys,
I'm thinking of upgrading the DVD drive in my home theater PC running
Mythbuntu to a Blu-ray drive. After doing some research on the web, I've been
seeing a broad spectrum of many ways to get it to work. I've gathered that the
encryption on Blu-ray makes it harder to decode than DVD. I've seen anything
from "Why bother with it? just rip the disk and stream it to your home
theater" to "just install VLC and you're good to go". Anyone get this to work?
Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure it can't be too hard also considering
Blu-ray has been around long enough.
Thanks!
~Andrew C.