Re: Verizon

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Verizon

I use straight talk, which uses ATT or
      TMO networks (you choose) for 45/mo unlimited phone/data, throttle
      after 3gb.  I just got a tablet plan too for 20/mo 3gb data for my
      nexus 9.  I have no issues with coverage, other than oddly at my
      house I never get LTE.  Good thing I have wifi and cable internet
      here.

      I disconnected vzw for the last time after a $900 bill one month
      over a technicality (which I ended up having to pay), AND paid to
      get out of a contract just to take away their revenue stream and
      make up my loss.  Before, I switched to sprint for bit to save
      from vzw ~09ish, and went back because sprint coverage was
      terrible until the $900 incident, thus prior comments.  Sprint at
      least let me out of my contract as admittedly they could see no
      coverage where I worked or lived with records of the drops.

      I also don't like locked vzw/sprint cdma phones I can't bootload
      unlock/root/rom (which is inherent to their cell security).

      -mb