browser encryption capability

Author: Keith Smith
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: browser encryption capability

Hi,

It looks like I need to learn a lot more about security protocols -
secured certificates and browser encryption so that I can understand how
to deal with this stuff.

I know there is the settings in the ssl vhost that I can look at and PHP
gives me some information such as :

[SSL_PROTOCOL] => TLSv1.2
[SSL_SECURE_RENEG] => true
[SSL_COMPRESS_METHOD] => NULL
[SSL_CIPHER] => ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
[SSL_CIPHER_EXPORT] => false
[SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE] => 128
[SSL_CIPHER_ALGKEYSIZE] => 128

Which I think is the server / ssl cert config not the client.

Any suggestions on how I might learn this stuff without spending endless
hours fumbling around in the dark for a while?

Basically what I want to do is test the client browser to verify it is
capable of 2048bit encryption using PHP and / or JavaScript and pop up a
messages if the browser is not capable.

Thank you so much for your help!!

Keith

--